The International Convention starts in 0 Days!
The 2017 Kiwanis International Convention will take place July 13-16 in Paris, France.
Registration for the event is now open, and information on candidates running for office and on the proposed bylaw amendments is now available.
Registration fees are $330 until April 14, and $385 until May 15. After May 15, registration will be on site only and will cost $440.
Information on the Kiwanis International web site:
The opening session will be Thursday evening and the business session will be Friday afternoon. Friday, July 14, is Bastille Day, a major holiday in France. Friday morning's schedule is open so that Kiwanians can attend the parade and other Bastille Day activities.
The convention closing is Saturday afternoon.
While the International Convention is going on, the Kiwanis International European Federation Convention will be taking place as well.
When you register, make sure your passport is ready to make the trip as well. You may need to renew your passport, a process that normally takes 4 to 6 weeks, before you go even if it does not expire until later this year. If you plan trips before or after the convention be aware the rules vary somewhat from country to country.
Many countries have rules regarding the expiration date on a passport in order to enter the country. Here are some examples from the U.S. State Department web site:
- France: Passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the date of departure; must have at least 1 blank page for stamps. No visa required for stays of less than 90 days.
- Germany: Passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of departure; must have at least 2 blank pages. No visa required for stays under 90 days.
- United Kingdom: Passport must be good for duration of stay, 6 months is recommended; 1 blank page, visa not required for stays under 90 days.
- Spain: Passport must be valid for 3 months, 6 months recommended, must have 1 blank page; no visa if less than 90 days.
- Italy: Passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of departure; must have at least 2 blank pages. No visa required for stays under 90 days.
Updates to this information or information on other countries is available at the State Department web site.
- June 28-July 1, 2018: Las Vegas
- June 27-30, 2019: Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
- June 18-21, 2020: Indianapolis
- June 24-27, 2021: Salt Lake City, Utah
This page updated March 10, 2017