Foundation Scholarship Program
- Any Kiwanis Club in the New York District of Kiwanis International may nominate candidates for a scholarship.
- Nominations are to be made on the form provided by the Foundation or a reasonable facsimile, and must be delivered or postmarked to the New York District Office by April 30. It is requested that the winners be awarded their scholarships at commencement in June or at an awards program, if preferred, by her/his high school.
- This program is instituted by the Foundation to recognize and promote good citizenship among the youth of New York State. Winners will be selected by a committee of the Foundation on the basis of which nominees, in its opinion, best meet the established criteria. All aspects of the program, including the criteria are subject to change by the Foundation Board of Directors.
- Each nominee must be a resident of New York State and plan to graduate from a high school in New York State, the June of the year of their nomination. The scholarship may be used towards the recipient's cost of obtaining higher education. The award shall be payable to the recipient.
- A nominated student will be evaluated based on scholastic achievement, merit, need and career goals.
The 2017 application form can be downloaded or printed out.
Remember that the deadline is April 30.
Send the completed nomination form to:
New York District Kiwanis Foundation Scholarship Program
c/o Edward Sexton
220 Chestnut St.
Port Chester, New York 10573
ATTN: Foundation Scholarship Committee